Summer is here, my favorite! My husband prefers the winter. OK, well, I'm antsy, I want to do things and I'm utterly unsatisfied. Which is not to say that I am not totally blessed and I would change my circumstances in any way, but I might like to amend the journey. He does P90X in the basement every night, getting totally ripped, while I'm upstairs, putting Ella to bed, cleaning up the kitchen, (but not doing the dishes, he does that,) then searching eBay or craigslist for the elusive perfect deal on an embroidery machine that does everything but costs nothing. Then I lay in the floor and trace patterns or cut out fabric, only not to sew them, because I'm waiting to buy the perfect sewing machine! In the meantime, I have gotten addicted to facebook, which is a MAJOR time drain, but so much fun. But I don't want to chat with all my old friends, I want to go out and do something with them. But wait, we all have kids and bedtimes and jobs and responsibility. Blah! Then when the weekend comes and we can go and do things, like hike (not swim, because I'm not ready for a swim suit yet) it's pouring down raining!! AAAHHHH! Here is my wants/don't wants list. I need to vent.
Things I want –
1. I want to bake delicious food from scratch and make a mess with Ella and never gain weight.
2. I want to swim everyday.
3. I want to put Ella in swimming lessons.
5. I want to decorate my house in a light airy, warm theme that never has to be cleaned and always looks good.
6. I want a camper – not a RV, where’s the fun in that?
9. I want to do charity work.
10. I want to run through sprinklers.
12. I want to finish our basement and Bonus room.
13. I want to have another baby, without having another baby.
14. I want my husband to surprise me.
15. I want to go on an elaborate vacation. Not one, that I have bargain shopped for, for 6 months, and am too exhausted from doing all the planning to enjoy the trip.
17. I want more time.
18. I want a paycheck and benefits to stay home with Ella.
23. I want to make digital scrapbooks for each year of my marriage.
24. I want to go to the theatre, not the movie theater.
25. I want to know what to feed Ella.
26. I want to make fun crafty projects but not have to clean up.
27. I want a deep freeze, a storage house, a riding lawn mower, a
29. I want Jason and I to want the same things.
Things I don’t want –
1. I don’t want ants, spiders, termites, mosquitoes, worms, grasshoppers, or any other creepy crawly around me or my plants and especially not in the house.
2. I don’t want to pull weeds.
3. I don’t want to move up a clothing size.
4. I don’t want to spend all my time on the computer.
5. I don’t want to work out in the basement – I need fresh air!
6. I don’t want to clean grout or toilets.
7. I don’t want to stand in line.
8. I don’t want to manipulate spreadsheets all day.
9. I don’t want to be sore, tired, or grumpy.
10. I don’t want to have a headache.
OK - I feel better already...Now that you've suffered through reading all that, on a lighter note, MeeMaw got a table for Ella for one of her birthday presents. We are trying to teach her not to take her sippy cup into the living room and only drink at the table. She's doing pretty good, but its been a challenge getting her to not climb on the table.