Ella finally had a fever last night so we took her to the Dr. She has a DOUBLE ear infection!! She has never complained. The only way we knew she was sick at all was by the steady stream of snot that has been flowing. But Dr.'s don't dispense med's for kids until they get a FEVER! I was actually relieved that she finally had one. She has been fighting sinus issues for over a week now! I just hate that it had to get to this point before they would give her anything. I understand why Dr's do it that way, but that doesn't mean I like it.
Here's a sign there's a sick little girl in the house.
Here's another one: fake crying.
5 Seconds later....
In other news: Our commitment to p90x is going strong. We are in week 7 (out of 12), and tonight was legs and back.
I still can't do the pull ups...so here's me:
These are super hard:
and Finally.... a great new recipe idea! Steak-n-sacks! If you love Pita Cafe, you'll love these!!
1. Have the butcher at the grocery store, shred some flank steak for you. This will probably sound totally ignorant, but I always thought they charged you extra to cut up meat for you. They don't and it saves a ton of time!!
2. Chop up some onion & bell pepper (I used green & red).
3. Throw in some minced garlic, we love garlic so I added about 2 tbl.
4. Add Greek seasoning, salt and pepper, to taste. (Not too much salt though! We are watching our sodium remember!)
5. Saute on Medium, so that the veggies can get soft, until meat is done.
6. Take a whole wheat pita, cut the top off and stick it in the microwave for about 20 secs. Long enough to make it soft enough to open, but not too long or they will get tough.
7. Jason likes a little light miracle whip, lettuce, tomatoes, & fat free mozzarella on his.
I like lettuce, fat free mozzarella, and Naturally fresh lite ranch on mine!! MMMMmmm...delicious! Naturally fresh dressings are in the produce section of the grocery store, kept cool.
Naturally Fresh Lite Salad Dressing
Serving Size: 2 tbsp (30g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 80 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 240mg 10%
Potassium 30mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Protein 1g 2%
Est. Percent of Calories from:
Fat 90.0% Carbs 10.0%