Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!!

It was a pretty low key 4th. We had my mom and grandmother, and Jason's Dad (Poppy), over to grill out some of the thickest, yummiest steaks, I've ever eaten. Jason can walk on his swollen feet, just not extremely well. Ella has passed the thick green snot phase and is on to sneezes and coughs that, I'm sure, will inevitably spread this plague on to me. It was nice and overcast, not excruciatingly hot.
From 7-4-09

From 7-4-09
I wanted to share some pics from our last 4th, Ella was not even 3 months old.
From 7-4-09

From 7-4-09

This year...
She's grown so much! She looks like a little girl instead of a baby. One thing that hasn't changed is the beautiful sweet spirit God has blessed her with.
From 7-4-09

From 7-4-09

Ella didn't even know these girls. She had just woken up in time for the fireworks. I'm going to have to keep an eye on her, she'll go to anyone!
From 7-4-09
It took Ella a little while to realize the fireworks were non-threatening. She had her arm around my neck and her cheek pressed against my cheek. I was trying to reassure her with my ooohh's and aaahh's but I could hardly concentrate on the show. I was reflecting on how blessed I am to have such a wonderful family and how grateful I am to live in this great country! It was a surreal moment. The people around us were whistling and calling out "Happy Birthday America!" by the end, even Ella was cheering "Yea!" and clapping.
From 7-4-09

No comments:

Post a Comment