program with an accompanying meal plan. It was mid-week and you usually don't
start things like this mid week because you want to schedule your off day for the
weekend (Saturday for us). "Off Day," just means no workout, the meal plan still
applies. But I was anxious to go ahead and
Day 1 for me was Yoga X
Day 2 - Legs & Back, Ab Ripper X
Day 3 - Kenpo X
Day 4 - Saturday (our off day)
Day 5 - Chest & Back, Ab Ripper X - This is the night I pulled a muscle in my chest,
under my left arm. (From all the pull-up and push ups)
Day 6 - Plyometrics (Jump training) - only did about 25 minutes, had to stop because
Which brings us to tonight, which will be Yoga X
Sunday night for Chest Back & Arms, your supposed to do as many reps at your maximum weight
(Jason lifts his body weight on the pull ups but I have to do Lat pull down on a
machine, you can also use bands) until you can't go anymore, then you switch to
different kinds of push ups. You switch back and forth for an hour. That's when I
pulled a muscle. I'm definitely not used to that much strenuous exercise on my arms!
The Pictures are from that night.
Also, from that night we made a Power 90 favorite for dinner. It's super simple and
delicious, whether you exercising or not. It's just a healthy meal, that even kids will love.
If you are actually doing P90x, you can only have 1 carb a day in the first phase.
So save up and you can have 2 of these!
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Dice up some chicken breast and cook on the stove with whatever seasonings you like.
We like pepper & garlic powder. We try to stay away from salt. I use nonstick pans so I
don't even add any oil, but If you must, try to only use E.V.O.O.
3. Take one whole grain pita and slice around the edge so that you can separate into two
halves. (see picture)
4. Spray a baking sheet with pan and place the pita halves in the oven for 60 seconds,
just to get them crisp.
5. Add 1/4 cup of Pizza Sauce to each (we use Ragu).
6. Add any vegetable you like! That night we used onions, mushrooms, & tomatoes.
7. Sprinkle with fat free or reduced fat cheese.
8. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted.