Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday's sendoff for the troops.

Today was the ceremonial sendoff for my Dad's medical unit. They are leaving in the morning heading to Seattle for a few weeks and then on to Baghdad, Iraq. It was a long, hot, sad day.
Ella was very well behaved, we sat in these seats for quite a while. She was very busy though, up, down, cookie, water, read a book, and occasionally shout "TIGER!" (from a picture in her book)
From 6-14-09

From 6-14-09

From 6-14-09
My brother, Scott, was Master of Ceremonies
From 6-14-09
Scott, getting a laugh from our Pawpaw. He seemed to be taking it pretty hard.
From 6-14-09

From 6-14-09
My patriotic princess. The "around the neck" key chain, or whatever it was, that they gave us, made a perfect paci keeper.
From 6-14-09
A sweet moment between my grandparents.
From 6-14-09

From 6-14-09

From 6-14-09

From 6-14-09

From 6-14-09
We were playing and Ella tripped on the concrete and landed head first. It SCARED mommy to DEATH!!
From 6-14-09
It only slowed her for a minute though.
From 6-14-09

2 comments:

  1. I know it's got to be scary, your dad going over seas. I'll be praying for his safe return. I hate that Ella bumped her head like that. I know that was terrifying for you! I'm glad she was ok. Thanks for the tip about the rice. I'm going to have to remember that.

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its me again... I just wanted you to know that I'm giving you a blogger award. You can save it to your computer from my site... if you want. Just wanted you to know that I have really enjoyed getting to know you and your beautiful family through reading your blog.

    Courtney

    ReplyDelete