Thursday, September 17, 2009

I actually went to an Auburn game!

Well, first, I never thought I would marry an Auburn fan. Second, I certainly never thought I would be attending an Auburn game that wasn't an iron bowl! I would have lost both bets, happily! We arrived on campus Saturday a little after 2pm. The game wasn't until 6pm but Jason wanted to show me where he used to live and where his classes were, so we made sure we were plenty early. Besides, I want to take in a little of the spirit of the tailgater's. We weren't tailgating, so we ate at a fabulous little restaurant on their "strip" called "Pita Pit." MMMMMmmmm!! I loved it! Oooooohhh, I could drive two hours for another pita right now! I digress, the point is, we were were walking all over campus and it was pretty much a ghost town! There wasn't a lot of traffic, there wasn't a lot of people. I had no trouble at all walking down the street. Oh, there was the random tent, or RV but nothing like what I've seen in Tuscaloosa at the lowliest game. I was thinking to myself, "This is the turnout for an SEC game!! WHAAAAT? What kind of fans are these? Good Grief!" We finally crossed campus, turned a few corners and WE FOUND THEM!!!! They were all waiting for "Tiger Walk" apparently.







From 9-12-09


We had just purchased shakers (mainly because I told Jason, I would shake a shaker but there was no way he was ever going to hear "War Eagle" pass through my lips) when this guy walk up and starts handing them out for FREE. Well isn't that just typical!






From 9-12-09


We had a good spot during tiger walk, there was only one person between me and the players. Jason took a hundred pictures of them and I could post some of them here, but honestly I don't know who any of them are. So here is a picture of the only person I recognized :)








From 9-12-09


He was pretty hyped up!







From 9-12-09

There is an Eagle somewhere in this picture. If you can find him flying....let me know. LOL!









From 9-12-09










From 9-12-09










From 9-12-09

1 comment:

  1. I am proud for you. You are a bigger woman than me. I just don't think I could do it. I am just glad I married an Alabama fan. Roll Tide =)

    ReplyDelete